Friday, March 27, 2015

My BFF and I made a junk journal!

Yep on Tuesday night my Friend and I created our first Junk Journals. We had a blast Creating and I'm still working on mine and will probably be forever. I'm really enjoying stepping out of my card comfort zone. I will show you only a few pages of this so far and continue to work on it.
 
I made mine from a old hard back book and used Book binding rings to secure my pages.
I used Fabric Adhesive paper from DCWV to Create the cover, added a little lace Ribbon down the front, I used Gelatos in Green to color my letters on the front after applying a coat of Gesso from Grunge chipboard. I couldn't resist the title of my journal lol! It is a progressive journey for me to work on this journey. Just a few pages at a time.
 
 I love going through my stuff and finding things that i'm not sure what i'll do with and just add it to this Journal. So you know that card that you just loved and couldn't part with? Add it to your journal and you can keep it forever.

Fabric Adhesive Paper
Lace Strip
Grunge letters for Sentiment with Gesso and Gelatos applied.

This is a old card front that I had made and loved but couldn't part with.

Scraps of white paper and a tag that I had, it is held on with a metal paperclip.

Scrap pieces of lace and ribbon work great for a project like this. Stickers that you want to use up.

 This is Embossed butterfly rejects that weren't good enough for my project but perfect for here.

Old Square Envelope paper Embellished on the flap and other side with DP.


Die-Cuts that I had won from a challenge a long while back and hadn't used yet, Perfect for this journal.
This Junk Journal is nowhere complete but I hope that it has inspired you to create your own.

Challenges

Crafty Gals Corner #12 Anything goes (2/2)
Altered Eclectics March Anything goes
My Artistic Adventures #6 Anything goes
Aud Sentiments #128 Anything with a Sentiment (1/5)
Crafting with an Attitude #1 Anything goes (3/3)
 Simply Papercraft #1 Anything goes (1/3)
Simply Create too #82 Anything goes
Inspiration Destination #26 Anything goes

Have a Wonderful Weekend!!!
 

8 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

That a wonderful project lot of love gone into it.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Anonymous said...

Hello, A lovely project, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this fortnight. Simply Papercrafts Good luck. We would love to see you again for our next challenge.
Chrissy (Challenge Blog Owner)

Carol Salisbury said...

Thanks for sharing over at My Artistic Adventures Challenges!

AO Creations said...

What a cute album!!! Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments, good luck!!! Amy DT

chanya13 said...

Fabulous creation with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner. Agnieszka DT

Rocky said...

This is a fab idea and it looks like you had great fun making it. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics.

Lynne Mizera said...

Ha!Ha!Ha! What a wonderful idea... a JUNK JOURNAL with NO JUNK! grin Thank you for sharing your project with us over at Altered Eclectics!

MsMad said...

Great project. Thanks for join us.
Barbara Bird / My Artistic Adventure DT